Have you signed up for a workshop before? Log in to reuse your enrollment information.
Wednesdays, February 1st to 8th 4:00PM–6:30PM
This digital photography workshop will introduce beginner photography techniques through the themes found in our gallery exhibitions.
Using a medium like photography to express ideas and concepts will give students another way to make connections and observations both with the contemporary art in the museum as well as in their own environments and personal life. Learning a technical skill like photography and having access to the resources in the Digital Studio and the museum as a whole, can help build student confidence and connection to the contemporary art world:
● by learning new technologies and/or applications of that technology
● by providing a safe place for self-expression
● by engaging in creative conversations about art and life
● by learning to take and receive feedback
● Familiarize students with DSLR equipment and basic photo editing
● Introduce students to the Institute of Contemporary Art, and it's galleries
● Demonstrate how other artistic mediums can be illustrated through manual photography settings
● Introduce photography concepts such as framing, lighting, and subject placement
Final projects will consist of 2 final edited photos.
Full scholarships available for Boston Public School Students
FEE: $75 nonmembers / $60 members